Betstar, now with the backing of the Ladbrokes operation, has, since April of 2014, morphed into one of the online bookmakers that have shown the ability to adapt to the shifting tides of business.
Consolidation of many small online bookmakers into several major concerns has certainly impacted choices to a certain extent. Even though many brands have remained intact to capitalise on the name recognition factor, the true control by the larger entities, such as Ladbrokes, William Hill and Paddy Power has supplied both benefits and pitfalls.
- Open a new account with Betstar Click Here To Open New Account
- Deposit funds into your account
- Betstar will match your first deposit with a Bonus Bet up to $250.00
Benefits include the stability of a major corporation that has proven able to withstand the verisimilitudes of change, customer security and an explosion of markets and promotions.
The drawbacks are mainly a lack of alternatives should a punter decide that his or her relationship with an online bookmaker no longer proves satisfactory for any number of reasons.
Betstar was originally known as Eskander’s Betstar, having been founded in 2007 by father and son bookie team Michael and Alan Eskander. They came on stream about 10 years subsequent to the first online bookmaking operations, the same year as the first Apple smart phone appeared.
The operation had offices in Melbourne and Darwin and they could boast of having notable clients, including giant punter Kerry Packer, prior to his death near the end of 2005. Packer was known to enjoy large plunges on racing, so the Eskanders doubtlessly knew how to cope with the heat of being bookmakers.
As for the parent corporation, Ladbrokes, they trace their origins back to 1886 and today have almost 3,000 storefronts in Europe and Great Britain. Ladbrokes also owns two other brands operating in Australia. They operate as a separate entity, Ladbrokes Australia and they are behind Bookmakers.com.au The three online sites offer identical odds, markets and bonus bets, the chief difference betwixt them being the various promotions each offers.
The Betstar division is said to lean in the direction of racing punters, but they have enough sports markets to satisfy just about anyone. All three services operate under a license from the Norfolk Island Gaming Authority.
Betstar Services and Features
- Betstar is an approved betting operator of the NRL, PGA Tour of Australasia, Cricket Australia, the AFL, and others.
- They are required to verify customer identities, but Australian residents can do this simply by uploading basic information found on driver’s licenses, Australian passports and others, and the process is quick and painless.
- The company does offer a sign-up bonus matching the initial funding deposit at 100 percent up to $250. Potential clients should be aware that those living in NSW, VIC, SA and WA are not eligible for this bonus. This is true for most online bookmakers and thus serves as a poor criterion when the selection of an online bookmaker is explored.
- Potential and existing customers enjoy seven different deposit options: MasterCard, Visa, POLi, PayPal, and Betstar branded card, and Flexepin and bank transfers. The Betstar Visa card offers superb convenience for withdrawals. Winnings are credited to the account and automatically available for withdrawal from any participating cash machine.
- They do not charge any transaction fees, other than a $25.00 fee for punting accounts that are inactive for over six months. Strict regulatory laws designed to prevent money laundering might also cause a fee to be incurred should someone attempt to deposit and withdraw funds without betting.
- They accept the Australian dollar as their only currency option, support only the English language and quote odds in decimal format only, although it is hard to imagine anyone needing odds in the archaic formats.
- Casual punters will appreciate that an account can be opened and funded for as little as $10 and being that the minimum online bet is 50-cents, this would offer feasible route to test Betstar without a major investment. They do offer telephone betting, in which event the minimum wager is $20.
- Deposited funds have a 1x turnover requirement and for those who do qualify for a bonus deposit, or any other bonus as the result of a promotion, those must be turned over at 2x on markets with odds of at least 1.50 within 90 days. The Betstar website makes it easy to manage deposited and bonus funds.
- Regarding average margin on wagers, Betstar is about half a percent higher than average, but this should be an issue to only the most cost-conscious or the punter conducting a high quantity of transactions.
Betstar Website And Mobile Wagering Platforms
Experienced online punters with any modicum of experience will recongnise and adapt to the three-column layout that is more or less an industry standard. This is simply a case of there being no necessity to reinvent the wheel. The end result is that it takes only minutes to navigate around the website, identify markets, shop the odds and enter a wager. $250 Deposit Match Bonus Bet When You Join
Betstar has thousands of racing markets for all three codes for domestic and international races. Of course, the value-conscious punter will want to know how Betstar’s odds compare, so here are a few random examples.
As this is being written, the Stradbroke Handicap, Queensland’s premier Group 1 sprint is just over a day in the future. Finding the market for the race requires one click on the left column labeled Tomorrow’s Racing. In the centre column, hovering the computer mouse over the various races on the card reveals that the ninth race of the day is the Stradbroke.
Clicking the race opens the page showing the fields and the odds. The current favourite is Azkadellia at $3.40. On Betstar competitor Sportsbet’s website, Azkadellia is quoted at $3.50. As anyone knows, odds can and do fluctuate as the jump gets closer. A random look at a Round 12 AFL match showed Betstar listing Hawthorn at $1.03 against Essendon at $14.00. Sportsbet had an identical line on the Hawks, but had the Bombers at $13.
Betstar’s mobile apps for Apple, Android and other phone platforms is equivalent to the other online bookmakers, as to have an inferior product would be decimating to a bookmaker’s customer base. Betstar’s gets constant upgrades that add new features and improve functionality, so let it be said that even the technologically challenged of us can get a punt on with one hand during a short elevator ride.
There is absolutely nothing negative about the Betstar operation, its wagering platform or its mobile applications. They are competitive in every significant category and would make an excellent choice for the casual punter who wants to get by with a minimum of fuss, or for the dedicated type who derives major entertainment from online punting that avails him or herself of the form guides and historical data on the website.
Join Betstar here and claim your $250 Deposit Match Offer Bet